From what I have learned about the different feminist theories, I think the most persuasive type is liberal feminism. I find this the most persuasive because of the motives and reasons that it possesses. Liberal feminism states women’s oppression is rooted in the lack of opportunity and education. In the lecture on Monday, January 26, Professor Davis said that this theory’s key is the demand for equal access, economic power, and education.
Women are considered to be unequal in the public sphere. I find their vision for equality is the most influential and realistic. The vision states that their goal is gender justice and sexual equality by removing legal constraints. This vision persuades me the most because situations with this occur in everyday occurrences. Economic power and education are a major part of our society and where we see feminist problems occurring.
Economic power and status and educational opportunities are limited in some societies, and both have a connection and relation between each other. Economic power and status in a job can reflect the type of education you received. Education can be limited and bias towards the female gender, which I find to be an important issue that needs to be looked at and fought for.
All of the other theories are persuasive as well, but for different reasons. Liberal feminism has a broader range of topics, and I feel as though it allows more women to associate with it and their ideas than the others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great reflection - very specific and warranted in terms of your personal preference.
ReplyDelete